We thank Essendon Football Club and Bendigo Bank, Keilor East for their invaluable contribution which enables our athletes to achieve their goals.
Athletes that achieve the following are eligible to receive reimbursement for their Athletics Victoria fees:
- Athletes who win an individual Open Victorian Championship title
- Athletes who win an individual Junior Victorian Championships title
- Athletes who place first, second or third in an individual event at the Australian Championships
*Athletes will still be required to pay for their own competition package (track & field/XCR).
Athletes who win a Victorian or Australian Open title may receive the following:
- Victorian Open Championships title – $100
- Australian Open Championships title – $250
*Conditions apply; such as numbers in the event, standard of performance etc.
Given that competing at international competitions comes with high costs, we have established the following structure to support our athletes who have been selected to compete at or wish to compete at international competitions.
Athletes may receive the following funds for competition expenses providing they have given reasonable support to the club during interclub competitions and major social/fund raising events.
- Olympians and Paralympians – $1000 (after competition)
- Commonwealth Games, World Athletics Track & Field Championships, World Athletics Cross Country Championships, World Athletics U20 Championships – $500
- Other international competitors may receive support as determined by the committee.
*Financial support of any athlete is at the higher amount only, not accumulative in any one season.
Coaches are welcome to apply to the committee for partial assistance for interstate travel to accompany athletes competing in championships. Any payment is discretionary and must be resolved prior to travel.
The club is willing to support coaches for expenses providing they have given reasonable support to the club during interclub competitions and major social/fundraising events.
Athletes and coaches who are seeking financial support should email email@example.com.